Asked if "non-clueless" meant "non-biased," I wrote:
" 'Non-biased' is part of the picture. I think some of the apparent 'bias' is more of a complete lack of understanding.Fulton Sheen said it better:
"There are times when I suspect that if football games were covered with the same expertise as 'religious' stories, we'd hear announcers discussing the hole-in-one made by the goalie."
(Comment on a post by Lisa Hendey (March 28, 2012))
"There are not a hundred people in America who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions of people who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church - which is, of course, quite a different thing."Related posts:
(Bishop Fulton Sheen, Foreword to Radio Replies Vol. 1, (1938) page ix, via Wikiquote)
- " 'The Jesus-Eating Cult of Rick Santorum' and 'America - Love It or Leave It' "
(February 29, 2012)
- "My Take on the News: Sex; SNAP; and Slurs"
(January 6, 2012)
- "Stem Cell Research, Assumptions, and Getting a Grip"
(November 28, 2011)
- "Space Aliens, Michele Bachmann, and Daft Assumptions"
(September 2, 2011)
- " 'Catholics and Muslims along with the fake Jews all are Satanic Cults' - Who Knew?"
(April 2, 2009)