Paraphrasing what C. S. Lewis said about Christmas, Mother's Day is two things:
- A popular holiday
- A commercial racket
Not that the Catholic Church doesn't respect mothers: and that's another topic.
I'll be back in about an hour, with a post about being an individual, the common good, and being Catholic.
- "My Take on the News: Jingle Bells, Jangled Nerves, and Good Advice"
(December 16, 2011)
- "Halloween, Emperor Palpatine, Electric Eyeballs, and Getting a Grip"
(October 29, 2010)
- "Father's Day, 2010"
(June 20, 2010)
- "Three Things That Go By the Name of Christmas"
(December 24, 2009)
- "Mother's Day: A Nice Cultural Tradition, and a Quite Catholic Celebration"
(May 10, 2009)
- "Regina Caeli - Fifth Sunday of Easter, 9 May 2004"
Pope John Paul II (May 9, 2004)