Fr. Pavone's Blog (June 2, 2009)
"Reporting about the murder of abortionist George Tiller has included misleading references to the frequency of 'late term' abortion in the United States.
"The Alan Guttmacher Institute (the research arm of Planned Parenthood) reports that abortions of pregnancies at 21 weeks or later comprise about 1.1 percent of the nation's abortions...."
"...According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) statistics, late-term abortions (i.e., those of babies 21 weeks or older) are done in many states, which means that there are more than two or three abortionists who do them...."
The CDC body count is lower that the Alan Guttmacher Institute's - so this isn't an effort to vilify (or praise) Planned Parenthood's research arm.
I recommend, strongly, reading the rest of the blog post. It's relatively short - and gives facts you probably won't hear on the news.
Vaguely related posts:
- "Dr. George Tiller's Murder Link Page"
- "Daniel Hauser and Chemo: Mother Submits to Court Demands"
(May 25, 2009)
- "Medical Procedures, Imminent Death, Decisions, and Catholic Teachings"
(May 21, 2009)
- "Obama, Abortion, and Being Nice"
(May 19, 2009)
- "DHS Report Identifying Veterans and Pro-Lifers as Potential Terrorists (Quietly) Withdrawn"
(May 14, 2009)
- "'Hand of Hope' Spinal Bifida Case - Eugenics, Ersatz Compassion, and Life"
(May 6, 2009)
- "Stem Cell Research: Change Some of Us Won't Live With"
(March 9, 2009)
- "Life: It's a Single Issue, and an Important One"
(November 2, 2008)
- "Capital Punishment: Killing Those Who Deserve to Die"
(October 2, 2008)