(From Apathetic Lemming of the North (2012))
There's a slightly-larger version of that cartoon in my Apathetic Lemming of the North blog. It doesn't have a profound message: apart from the notion that it's okay to laugh now and then, or at least smile.
I've got quite a bit to smile about. I'm alive, which is arguably better than the alternative, and in reasonably good health. A nasty infection will probably be cleared up in a month or so, and I won't be driving anywhere this weekend: nowhere out of town, that is.
My family is "better than I deserve," as the fellow says: but I don't mind. At all.
One more thing: Advent starts this Sunday. Now that's something to be thankful about.
- "Thanksgiving: Cartoons and Gratitude"
(November 25, 2012)
- "My Take on the News: Jingle Bells, Jangled Nerves, and Good Advice"
(December 16, 2011)
- "First Sunday of Advent, 2011: Joy, Peace, Love, and a Dog Named Rollo"
(November 27, 2011)
- "Advent: Hazardous Road Conditions, Holiday Shopping, and More"
(November 23, 2010)
- "The True Meaning of Christmas"
(December 24, 2008)