It wasn't me. I haven't fallen asleep there yet, as far as I know, although I've come close. It's a tranquil, serene, soothing place with soft light and a gently murmuring air system. (July 14, 2013)
The Adoration Chapel, Sauk Centre, Minnesota. November 13, 2013.
The Host in that monstrance is the room's focal point, of course: and the reason I go there for an hour each week. I'm hanging out with my Lord, sort of. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1178, 1418, 2691)
I've gotten into the habit of reading one of the Bibles they keep in the Adoration chapel. For one thing, it helps me stay awake. It's also a good way to make sure that I dip into Sacred Scriptures regularly.
- "An Unusually Quick Response to 'Defend Us In Battle' "
(July 17, 2013 An Unusually Quick Response to "Defend Us In Battle" )
- "An Hour with Jesus: Staying Awake"
(July 14, 2013)
- "A Billion Ways to be Catholic, and the Spider-Man Principle"
(December 9, 2012)
- "The Important Idea, Charisms, and Working With What I've Got "
(June 24, 2012)
- "Conservative? Liberal? Democrat? Republican? No, I'm Catholic"
(November 3, 2008)