My hairline joined forces with my bald spot a few decades back, and is inexorably marching down the back of my head.
What was a lake near Interstate 94 some 40 years ago is now assorted meadow, marsh, and open water.
It's the nature of this creation to change: to become something new. (January 18, 2012) I'd be a bit concerned if a year went by that was exactly like the year before. Think "Groundhog Day" on a cosmic scale.
Some things don't change. I've posted about natural law before:
- "Original Sin and the Unfairness of Gravity"
(July 11, 2012)
- "The Gospel According to Chicken Man"
(July 1, 2012)
- "Natural Moral Law, Catholicism, Karma, and the Tea Party"
(October 16, 2010)
That's not the same as trying to keep things just the way they were in the first century. And that's another topic.
- "Upset Applecarts: A Hopeful Sign"
(March 5, 2012)
- " 'In a State of Journeying' "
(January 18, 2012)
- " 'Inevitable Progress;' 'We're All Gonna Die;' and
Getting a Grip"
(January 16, 2012)
- "Hope, Joy, and Working for a Better World"
(September 13, 2011)
- "Modernism, Luddites, Catholicism, and Godzilla"
(April 7, 2011)