"If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you."I've opined about the sort of 'spirituality' that involves looking vaguely happy, Gnosticism, and other stuff, before.
"Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect."
Cloistered monastic orders are one way of being a Christian. But, like many other folks, I'm taking another approach.
For the last 10 days, 'the world' has been happening quite a bit, so this is all I have time for today.
- "Talents, 'the Outer Darkness,' and Interest-Bearing Bank Accounts"
(November 23, 2011)
- "Trade Show Preparation: Is Work Important?"
(August 1, 2011)
- "Trade Show in Pennsylvania, Ecclesiastes, Software, and Schedules"
(July 26, 2011)
- "Information Technology, Blogging, and Practicing Patience"
(May 13, 2011)
- " 'If you must see ghosts ...' Materialism, Being Spiritual, and Uncle Deadly"
(December 18, 2009)