Let's resolve - beginning July 4th, 2009, to bless - not only our country, but our leaders. I suggest this schedule, a prayer a day for the rest of the month:
- July 4:
- The United States of America
- July 5:
- President Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
- July 6:
- Vice President Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., who is also President of the Senate
- July 7: the Senate, particularly
- July 8: Majority Leader Harry Reid (who is also Democratic Conference Chair)
- July 9: Assistant Majority Leader (Democratic Whip) Richard Durbin
- July 10: Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
- July 11: Assistant Minority Leader (Republican Whip) Jon Kyl
- July 12: President Pro Tempore Robert C. Byrd
- July 13: Republican Conference Chair, Senator Lamar Alexander
- July 14: Senate Appropriations Committee Chair Daniel K. Inouye
- July 15: the House of Representatives, particularly
- July 22: The Supreme Court, particularly
- July 23: Chief Justice John Glover Roberts, Jr.
- July 24: Associate Justice Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr.
- July 25: Associate Justice Stephen G. Breyer
- July 26: Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- July 27: Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
- July 28: Associated Justice Antonin Scalia
- July 29: Associate Justice David Hackett Souter
- July 30: Associate Justice John Paul Stevens
- July 31: Associate Justice Clarence Thomas
If you decide to follow this schedule, bookmarking this page or printing out this post would be a pretty good way of keeping track of who's on what day.
- "Praying for America's Governors and Other Executives"
(June 27, 2009)
- "Praying for America's Leaders"
(July 2, 2009)