On the other hand, some articles give the impression that their authors thought these movies were documentaries:
- The Catholic Church
Instead, I wrote this post.
- "Higgs Boson, 'God Particle,' and Getting a Grip"
Apathetic Lemming of the North (December 19, 2011)
- " 'More Than 100 Earth-Like Planets' Found? Well, No: Not Really"
Apathetic Lemming of the North (July 24, 2010)
- "The Neutrinos are Coming! 2012 and Hollywood Science"
Apathetic Lemming of the North (November 16, 2009)
August 31, 2010))
That makes the disconnect between faith and facts in the news remarkable.
"...If establishment news covered the Super Bowl the way they cover religious news, we'd see expert discussions of the quality of this year's home runs compared to number of women employed by the NFL, and speculation about why the jockeys weren't wearing feed bags....."Reporters covering the latest 'scientific' or religious doomsday prediction are just doing their job.
(June 15, 2012)
"...I also think that 'news' editors could learn from the sports editor - and start insisting that their religion reporters know a little about religion. Or at least know how - and when - to use Google...."
(December 23, 2011)
Those who assume all Christians believe America's perennial 'end times' forecast and hate science: not so much. (January 8, 2012; May 20, 2011)
- "Catholics aren't Calvinists"
(May 7, 2012)
- " 'Nazi Pope,' Urban Legends, Academic Standards, and the News"
(April 17, 2012)
- " Hope, Joy, and 'More Despondent Than Thou?' "
(January 8, 2012)
- "Assumptions, Bible Verses, and a Little Research"
(July 31, 2011)
- "Home Schooling, Religious and Moral Instruction, and American Culture"
(March 6, 2010)