Now, the 'bad' news, from one point of view: They're the countries that stopped pushing condoms.
Obviously, there can't possibly be any connection.
Or, maybe, there is.
The establishment types can rest easy, though. One of the few places that anyone will read about that disturbing correlation is in an article provided by the Catholic News Agency. And 'everybody knows what those Catholics are like.'
For the convenience of conventional thinkers, here's why this factoid can be ignored:
- A news agency that admits to being Catholic carried the story
- They're biased, obviously
- Everybody knows that condoms prevent the spread of AIDS
- So any report to the contrary is false
- "Sex, Condoms, AIDS, an 'Immoral' Pope, and What Everybody Knows"
(March 17, 2009)
- "Pope to assist Africa in addressing its 'grave problems and painful wounds' "
Catholic News Agency (March 17, 2009)